Homeschool Resource List
- Don’t Waste Your Time Homeschooling – a veteran mom gives advice on where to spend your energy.
- Teaching in Your Tiara – advice on how to homeschool in a way that suits your personality and strengths.
- So You’re Thinking About Homeschooling – read about 15 different families and how they do it. Lots of practical information for those just starting out.
- The Well Trained Mind – A Guide to Classical Education at Home – A solid reference for giving your child a well-rounded education.
- Homeschooling for Excellence – one of the first homeschooling books. A great source for inspiration!
- The Unschooling Handbook – great answers to basic questions about unschooling
- Homeschooling, A Patchwork of Days – a look at a day-in-the-life of 30 very different homeschooling families.
- Homeschool Legal Defense Association – great resource for all homeschoolers whether you are a member or not.
- The Well Trained Mind – vast archive information, sale/swap board, friendly message boards, product reviews – not just for classical homeschoolers!
- VegSource.com – The site is for all things vegetarian/vegan, but the homeschool section is friendly to people who eat anything! A little tough to navigate, but a nice source.
- Homeschool World Forum – A message board for homeschoolers with a nice archive of information. Jump in and get your feet wet!
- Homeschool Reviews – Reviews and discussion – open to all.
Learning Styles – Internet:
- Quiz – Take a short quiz to help determine your child’s learning style
- Webinar – This webinar from Sonlight discusses strategies for various learning styles
- Infographic – Determine your own learning style
- Great Book – The Big WHAT NOW Book of Learning Styles – a great resource for any parent educator. Identify your child’s learning style and apply her many approaches to help your child learn best!